Tour Operators and Travel Agencies Ecology Question 4
<< Back to the Tour Operators and Travel Agencies question list.
Previous: Tour Operators and Travel Agencies Ecology Question 3.
Next: Tour Operators and Travel Agencies Ecology Question 5.
Does the brand refrain from offering animal-related activities unless these activities are organized in a way that ensures the animals’ welfare?
Dutch version: Sluit het merk (bedrijf) activiteiten uit die dierenwelzijn zouden kunnen schaden, tenzij deze zijn georganiseerd op een verantwoorde manier?
German version: Bietet der Reiseanbieter keine tierbezogenen Reiseaktivitäten an, sofern der Artenschutz / das Tierwohlsein nicht gewährleistet ist?
Some tourist activities can, potentially, harm or contribute to the harm of animal welfare. Examples of these activities are riding elephants, swimming with dolphins, and visiting zoos, caged animals and animal fighting events. See the World Society for Protection of Animals for more examples. Travel companies that offer any kind of animal-related activities should make sure that they are all organized in a responsible way that ensures the animals’ welfare. They should also communicate how they offer these trips in a responsible way.
- [Brand] does not offer any animal-related activities.
- [Brand] offers animal-relates activities, such as […], but ensures that they are all organized responsibly by [..].
- [Brand] offers animal-related activities, but does not organize them in a responsible way. For example [..].
- [Brand] does not communicate whether or not its animal-related activities, such as […], are organized in a responsible way.
- [Brand] does not communicate a policy to refrain from offering activities which could potentially be harmful to animal welfare on its website.